About the Role
We are seeking a caring and motivated Employment Consultant to join our Morley site. Reporting to the Site Manager you will work with a caseload of customers, some with significant vocational and non-vocational barriers, with a view to improving their capacity to work and finding them sustainable employment. You will require the ability to build and maintain effective relationships with customers, along with a genuine passion for recruitment and working with those in need with a strong focus on quality job referrals. You will be expected to meet individual targets and contribute to a positive site team culture where integrity, competence and honesty are highly valued.
This role is being offered on a full time, ongoing basis. Working hours are Monday to Friday, 8.30am - 5.00pm.
What we're looking for
- A passion and drive for helping people find employment;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to develop positive relationships with a diverse range of customers, employers and staff;
- The ability to assess, match and refer customers to appropriate job opportunities and to advocate directly to employers;
- The ability to achieve individual targets and work to clearly defined KPIs;
- A minimum typing speed of 30 WPM;
- Strong administration skills and IT literacy, data entry and typing skills, Word, Excel and Outlook experience;
- Attention to detail and a demonstrated ability to work under pressure; and
- Previous experience in the employment services or call centre industry or similar will be highly regarded.
Workskil Australia promotes a positive team culture where high performance can thrive. We value excellent customer service, integrity and honesty in our employees. If you have a genuine passion for working with those in need, an ability to meet individual targets and can contribute to a strong team then we'd love to hear from you.
In return for your truly valued contribution we will support your ongoing career development and offer a friendly, supportive & innovative environment for you to thrive.
Workskil Australia is a national not-for-profit and charitable organisation, with over 35 proud years of supporting Australians to achieve sustained economic and social self-reliance. We do this by providing a range of employment, work experience, disability, youth, Indigenous and community services across New South Wales, South Australia, Western Australia and Victoria.
We work hard every day to:
- Meet the labour needs of business and industry through quality recruitment services at no cost.
- Assist businesses with diversifying their workforce.
- Provide specialist employment and community services to people seeking work, including people with mental illness, injury or disability and Indigenous Australians.
- Deliver work experience projects to the community.
- Our values remain at the heart of everything we do and strive to conduct our business with the highest degree of care, integrity, respect, honesty and service, while demonstrating teamwork and leading by example. We believe that the care, respect and high level of service we give to all of our customers is our key point of difference.
A competitive salary will be negotiated commensurate with skills and experience. As Workskil Australia is a public benevolent institution, we can also offer a portion of the salary through tax effective salary packaging.
Visit the careers page on www.workskil.com.au or via the Apply link below.
All applications must include a cover letter and resume combined together in one file as either a pdf or word document ready to upload. Please allow approximately 15 minutes to complete your application and psychometric assessment.
Prior to an offer of employment being made, candidates must provide authority for a Federal Police Clearance to disclose any criminal offences or charges.
Workskil Australia is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer. We particularly welcome applicants who identify as Indigenous, from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds or have a disability.
No Recruitment Agencies Please