About the Role
We are seeking a caring and motivated Employment Coach to join our Kingscote site.
The Employment Coach is responsible for the case management of an allocated caseload of customers with the objective of finding them employment. The role will consist of case management with a focus on improving the customers’ capacity to work by stabilising non-vocational issues and building vocational skills and experience.
The role will also include undertaking ‘reverse marketing’ of customers to suitable employers and running of group based job search sessions to motivate and promote further job placements for customers. The right person for this role will possess a genuine passion for recruitment and working with those in need, an ability to meet individual targets and contribution to a strong site team. There will also be a strong focus on generating suitable vacancies and job referrals to place our customers into.
We’re looking for the right people to join us in these roles, that may mean that you have Case Management or Employment Services experience or are a recent Graduate with a relevant Degree looking to start your career.
This role is being offered on a part time and ongoing basis. Working hours are 8:30am to 5:00pm, two days per week. Days are negotiable.
What we're looking for
- A passion and drive for helping people find employment;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to develop positive relationships with a diverse range of customers, employers and staff;
- The ability to assess, match and refer customers to appropriate job opportunities and to advocate directly to employers;
- The ability to achieve individual targets and work to clearly defined KPIs;
- A minimum typing speed of 30 WPM;
- Strong administration skills and IT literacy, data entry and typing skills, Word, Excel and Outlook experience;
- Current drivers licence;
- Minimum Certificate IV in Employment Services or equivalent;
- Attention to detail and a demonstrated ability to work under pressure; and
- Previous experience in the employment services or call centre industry or similar will be highly regarded.
Workskil Australia promotes a positive team culture where high performance can thrive. We value excellent customer service, integrity and honesty in our employees. If you have a genuine passion for working with those in need, an ability to meet individual targets and can contribute to a strong team then we'd love to hear from you.
In return for your truly valued contribution we will support your ongoing career development and offer a friendly, supportive & innovative environment for you to thrive.
Workskil Australia is a national not-for-profit and charitable organisation, with over 35 proud years of supporting Australians to achieve sustained economic and social self-reliance. We do this by providing a range of employment, work experience, disability, youth, Indigenous and community services across New South Wales, South Australia, Western Australia and Victoria.
We work hard every day to:
- Meet the labour needs of business and industry through quality recruitment services at no cost.
- Assist businesses with diversifying their workforce.
- Provide specialist employment and community services to people seeking work, including people with mental illness, injury or disability and Indigenous Australians.
- Deliver work experience projects to the community.
- Our values remain at the heart of everything we do and strive to conduct our business with the highest degree of care, integrity, respect, honesty and service, while demonstrating teamwork and leading by example. We believe that the care, respect and high level of service we give to all of our customers is our key point of difference.
A competitive salary will be negotiated commensurate with skills and experience. As Workskil Australia is a public benevolent institution, we can also offer a portion of the salary through tax effective salary packaging.
Visit the careers page on www.workskil.com.au or via the Apply link below.
All applications must include a cover letter and resume combined together in one file as either a pdf or word document ready to upload. Please allow approximately 15 minutes to complete your application and psychometric assessment.
Prior to an offer of employment being made, candidates must provide authority for a Federal Police Clearance to disclose any criminal offences or charges.
Workskil Australia is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer. We particularly welcome applicants who identify as Indigenous, from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds or have a disability.
No Recruitment Agencies Please